Saturday, March 16, 2013

Painted Hutch the UPS man watched get blown off the hand truck ~

The wind has been terrible this past week and not much has gotten painted. So I have re-arranged my booths and shopped for new stuff for Lucketts Spring Market. I could fill several booths with the stuff I have hoarded, however, I only have a 10 x 10 booth.  

Anyway, what does the UPS man have to do with this? Well, after this was completed and ready for prime time, I was wheeling it across the parking lot and the UPS man was standing there and made a stupid comment about the weather. About that time, a huge gust of wind caught the top portion of the hutch and blew it off the hand truck. I caught it with my chest so it didn't fall to the ground, but it landed hard on the front leg and it broke off. What did the UPS man do you ask? NOTHING!! He continued on his merry way into the store and didn't offer to help, didn't ask if I needed help or to see if I was still alive. Thanks Dude! I got it! Don't mind me!  He also didn't even open the door for me when I finally picked up the broken leg and hobbled my way to the door. Thanks again DUDE!! 


Cute, but could and will be cuter!





Lightly distressed. Not too much.


The leg that broke off is shown. It was a clean break and I repaired it awsomely.


Done and staged and ready for its new home. 


YAY! One piece finished this week. Hopefully the wind will be gone tomorrow and I can get a few already primed pieces finished.  I dedicate this post to you Mr. parcel delivery man, not so helpful dude, don't have time to help, not a gentleman, UPS man.  I GOT IT!

~Amy 

No comments:

Post a Comment