Sunday, May 22, 2011

A little bit of this, a little bit of that..

This weekend was busy, hot, and full of treasure hunting.  What could be better than that? Started off with a yard sale on Saturday morning. This time I was holding one with my Mom. I did get out first thing and shopped a few others in the neighborhood. We got rid of a lot of junk, sorry, treasures, and donated the leftovers to Goodwill. Too much junk is not a good thing and I'm glad it is gone. My Mom got rid of a ton of junk too. My stuff was treasure, hers was just junk! Just kidding!  I Love You Mom! But it was nice to get rid of all the extra stuff that turned into clutter. 

My birds are growing big, but sadly, not all hatched. I only have 4 birds from 7 eggs. But they are so cute and growing fast. 

This was Friday afternoon



 And these pictures were from this morning. They are HUGE! Their eyes are open now too.


So the twins are doing well. They sleep all of the time, and always greet me when I intrude to take my pictures. 


Then there is this guy who couldn't stand not getting my attention. He came to visit the birds in the wreath.
 



Hydrangea flowers in an old syrup bucket.  The owners of the antique mall have a beautiful garden and cut these every few days for the shop.


And here is a little taste of my weekend junk finds.  A Dazey churn and a laundry plunger!

 I had to work today and didn't have time to take all the pictures of all the good junk... And it is good!  My good friend Jan from Ruffles, Pleats and Paints did an awesome job picking a barn while I was holding the yardsale.  Everything is rusty, old, odd and wonderful!  Pictures tomorrow...  In the meantime, if you are looking for someone to make curtains, pillows, seat covers, slip covers and anything else that uses a sewing machine; email Jan. She is good! 

Until tomorrow..

~Amy 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Amy, I appreciate the plug! The pictures are awesome as usual. hugs, Jan

    ReplyDelete