Monday, May 16, 2011

Weekend finds ~

Here are sme pictures of the junk scored over the weekend. It wasn't as good as usual, but I still did ok..

Have you ever seen a dough bowl shaped like a heart? Me neither.  I think it is shaped like this to fit your hip better. Anyone??


A small, cute chandelier



This is a great French copper feed bucket.  Someone had used it as a planter and there is florist oasis in the bottom that I have to dig out.  Not looking forward to that, but it has to be done.


Have you ever seen bottles with rounded bottoms? They are torpedo bottles.  Very cool, different, odd and old.


Love the color of these water skis. They are Ricky McCormick, Cypress Gardens water skis. He was a champion water skier in the 60's, and 70's.  These have no bindings, but the color is what sold me on them. Great to hang on the wall.






In the Navy, we'll sail the seven seas, and drink soda from torpedo bottles!  Wool uniforms from the USS Seneca. I haven't done much research on them yet, but their were 2 USS Seneca's commissioned.  The last one was commissioned in 1943 and decommissioned in 1971. I know one uniform came from a medical officer.  These men or women were tiny too.


This a huge vanity mirror.  Someone has painted it a hammered silver. It is heavy and very cool. I'll repaint it white or heirloom white.


A bunch of starfish.

A wooden tray that I have already painted strawflower yellow. Great for summer by the pool (if I had a pool.)


Another occasional table that is a little wobbly, and has veneer issues, but will look good as new when painted. 

Good Junk overall. I can't wait to get it all cleaned up and in my booth.  Happy Junkin'!

~ Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment