Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I Likey this Bookcase ~

Remember this lovely?



A dealer from Atlanta had this in her truck and didn't want it. She wanted a bookcase I had in my booth, so we traded. I personally think I did better in the deal. I LOVE the curves and character this bookcase has.

I painted it Grey. I don't know what color grey since it was a $5.00 can of OOPS paint from Home Depot.  It was Behr exterior flat paint, and it is the PERFECT shade of grey. I don't normally like flat paint, but I love how easy it was to roll and brush on.  It took 2 coats of paint. I know, I usually spray paint my stuff, but the bigger pieces I like to paint. It would be expensive to spray this piece, and RustO doesn't make a grey paint I like. 



These pics are after being painted, but before they were distressed. I like it this way too, but I LOVE to distress stuff. I just think it gives a piece more personality to be roughed up.











This was the back of the bookcase.  I can't believe someone would hang this heavy piece on the wall. But it would be cute. 


You like?  I just need to put a coat of paste wax on it and it will be done. 
This one will be hard to let go of. I just don't have anymore room in house for another piece.  It will make its Corner Store debut tomorrow morning. So if you like, RUN.....

~Amy

Entered in my first EVER link up party. I feel so verklemp!

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully done. Came over from Miss Mustard Seeds. That actually is meant to hang on the wall. I have one that is similar that my grandpa made my grandma back in the 1930's. The groove in each shelf is actually for plates. My shelf is full of antiques I have from my grandma & great grandma. There are 3 other shelves similar to it that grandpa made for each of his 3 daughters. Mine is also very heavy.

    ReplyDelete