Thursday, July 7, 2011

Post 4th Post ~

I think I have finally recovered from the 4th of July. I went to my parents house in Augusta, GA and took my niece and nephew with me. We swam, ate, played games, and ate again. Tuesday, we went to work and the kids played "office." Then swam again, ate again and finally headed home. A great time was had by all.  The only casualty of the weekend was my internet card, so I have not been able to be online for an extended period of time.

Anyway, since I didn't paint anything, here are some pictures of downtown Augusta and the Riverwalk area. 


GA Safe and Lock

Riverwalk

Train bridge over the Savannah River

Paddle wheel

Pilings

Savannah River. Ga on the left, SC on the right.



Flag


Hot air balloon over the Savannah River.

An old wall to a factory


Train bridge leading the way to SC

Church bell tower

The old train depot


I should have my internet problem solved in a few days.  It'a amazing how much you do on the internet and how much you miss it when you don't have immediate access to it. I have always used an internet card from Verizon and would never go to cable internet. This way, I can be online wherever I am in the country. I sometimes travel for work and it's nice to not have to worry about finding a wifi spot. While at Verizon, I also ended up getting a new smartphone. I resisted that forever, but this forced me to upgrade my flip phone. My 9 yr old nephew is here to support me and fix anything I might do wrong on the phone. He said he would give me lessons too! 
I feel so grown up now. 

~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment