Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Happy Accident ~

I did some work in my booths tonight and took some pieces out that have been growing moss (not literally) and I am tired of moving them around. So I brought them home with me and re-painted them. Normally I don't like to touch a piece twice, but these were never going to sell. It rained this afternoon too, so it cooled down enough so the paint would stick.

I am in a light, bright and summery mood. I wanted to use a color of paint that I haven't used in a while, so I painted everything I brought home Blue Ocean Breeze by Krylon. Krylon isn't my favorite paint, I think it's too runny and watery. But I like that color.  I also like the spout on Krylon; you can turn it to get better coverage.

Here is a butler's table that I painted white about a year ago and it sat and sat and sat.

Normally, white sells. But not this one.

For the best coverage, start painting it upside down. This goes for chairs too. Start at the bottom and work your way up to the top.





Here is the happy accident. I was going to paint the whole thing Blue Ocean Breeze, but I liked just the 'stem' painted B.O.B. It looks beachy.  I still need to touch up the white a bit, but it got too dark outside.

this was also white and needed an update. So B.O.B. it became. I like it much better.

I couldn't stop myself!

While I was painting, I had my nephew wash my car. He doesn't want to go home, so I put him to work!  The car itself wasn't exciting, but the hubcaps were gross!  Here is a before and after that I love looking at!



Ahhhh, clean at last. It's only been a year or so..

Sad I know, but it looks great now.

Thanks Noah! (child labor is great!)

Finn: Woof!

~ Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment