Monday, July 11, 2011

Happy Monday! ~

So I finally got my internet card replaced and it took a few days to get it working like it should. Then on top of that, I got a smart phone. My nephew has been showing me how to work it. I think I will like it, but there is so much to learn and apps to download! One way my new phone will benefit my junkin': I can use the internet to look up junk I find to see if there is a market for it or what it is worth.  How cool will that be?!

 My sister came to town last night after dropping her son off at church camp so we had a girls night out.  Dinner, Target and a movie.  What could be more girly than that? The girly movie was Bridesmaids.  

 I haven't been to Target in about 6 months!  I try not to go since every trip costs me $100!  I usually end up buying stuff that I don't need or things I end up returning, so I just don't go.  And I haven't missed it!  I would rather spend my money on JUNK!  Which leads me to my latest purchase-

I bought something last week that I definitely needed. I have been looking for a pair of these for a while and found them on Etsy from Amy at AmysAllThingsHome

Ready?

 
First, I have to say that it came wrapped in the most unique fashion. Love it!

fashion, get it??
Old Simplicity patterns!  Very unique and unusual. But would you really sew your baby any of those pieces? I didn't think so.

But wait, there's more...

A thank you card, and some tags..

And good smelling rosemary and some card board cut outs. Kinda fun uncovering it all.

All good things come wrapped in brown and tied with twine..

what could they be??

I see you...

BARBELLS!
Old, dark wooden barbells. I love these, and they are hard to find!
But luckily for me, Amy is a thrifter and found some for me to acquire..

Now, where to put them..

eh, maybe..

A little hidden

Too big for this basket..

I'm liking it..


Even better!

They are home!

It took me all day to place them. I ended changing out my coffee table and re-arrainging all my junk. It needed to be done and I am not finished yet, but it's getting there. Included with all of the extras was a tag with Amy's name listed:
Check her out. She finds some great stuff. I want a green table she just found; it's beautiful!

 
Thanks again Amy! I love them!

If you have never been to Etsy, GO NOW! It is a great place to find handmade, vintage and hard to find junk. Nothing new is posted. It's just for artists' goods, vintage and old stuff. You buy goods from individuals who love what you love. Check it out...

~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment