Sunday, July 31, 2011

Update on my Failed Paint Job ~

First, the dresser I bought on Friday is still in my truck.
I just didn't have the energy to get it out. Not to mention, it's so heavy that I need help..
The dudes that loaded it left the drawers in it, so it's full on heavy.  I'll work on that problem tomorrow.

I finished painting the Hutch that was posted about here.  I had to repaint the whole thing and then I heavily distressed it to give it some character.  The pictures are a little dark because it was 10 at night and in my warehouse storage area. 







I still have to re-paint the back of the hutch part. When the hutch was going to be an off white, I painted the hutch backing a French Grey.  Well, that wouldn't work since I had to re-paint the darn thing.  So I will paint this in the morning and re-attach it. 

The bad paint job wasn't the only OOPS to this piece. I was impatient and painted the hardware oil rubbed bronze without cleaning them.  NOT A GOOD THING!  The paint bubbled and looked terrible.  This is another reason why it took me so long to get this done. I had a mental block about fixing all my mistakes.  But tonight, I dumped the hardware in a bowl of paint stripper and got all the junk off the handles.


Now, I will PRIME the hardware and then PAINT them the correct way and finish this piece TOMORROW! I would have finished it today, but I had to work. 
Tomorrow I will post the finished product.

~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment